View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 10:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Just acqured a used Alienware Desktop Computer and it won't power up

Hello everyone, yesterday I went to my local computer store/electronics recycling place and I picked up for $10 an old (2016) Alienware Desktop computer that I wanted to monkey around with and see what all the hype was about with them (and so I could have an extra computer if my main one goes down.)

When I got it home all the usual stuff was missing from a computer that was "disposed of"; the hard drive, memory chips and graphics card, and so I stuck some parts in it I had laying around to see if it worked or not and when I tried it out the computer refused to start up, when I pushed the alien head shaped power button the computer did absolutely nothing, it wouldn't light up or anything.

I thought maybe it was a bad power supply so I stuck a known good power supply in that I had laying around and tried to power it up, still no dice, so I stuck the original power supply back into the computer.

I looked over the motherboard and there were no bulging caps or anything that I could see and there didn't appear to be any lightning damage either.

Does anyone here have any experience with these Alienware Desktop Computers and what could cause them not to power on?

Any help with this would be appreciated.