View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 06:34 AM
On Land

Tim, I had considered the V6 model, but not for long. This is my first new car.... ever! I'm not going to settle for less than what I want. But I gotta say... the V6 version has a helluva lot more power (305 horses) than then Slant-6 version woulda had during the eary 70's. Years ago, I knew someone with a 1970 Slant-6 Challenger. They loved the car, but always regretted not opting for an 8 cylinder. I dont want to make that same mistake.

Here at work, we have a program that gets us a discount on new cars. I will be able to get the car for 1% below dealer invoice... plus whatever incentives Dodge will be offering at the moment.... typically like one or two grand cash back.

I considered getting a used one... maybe a 2012... but figured it was time for me to finally get a brand-new car.

It looks like the car in that ad in an R/T Plus. Not exactly a limited edition that I know of. The one I plan to get is the Classic (model above the Plus). The Classic version comes with stripes that would be found on a 1970 model (which I hope to get a stripe delete since they might not look as nice many years down the road), and the Challenger name badge is also the same as the one used 4 decades ago. There are also other standard features over the Plus version.... probably more goodies than I will know what to do with.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.