View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 11:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
The 30 tube is a single triode configured as a grid leak detector. Notice the plate tied to ground. Since you say you have AVC voltage changes you can be sure the 30 is working. Can you see AVC voltage change when tuning on and off a known local radio station? Make sure C8 is .0005uf. If it's too large it will start filtering the audio.
No there is no change in the AVC voltage when trying to tune in a known local station. In fact trying to tune anywhere on the dial the AVC voltage stays pretty constant at around positive 15 mV and doesn't go negative at any point when tuning across the dial with just a long wire antenna attached.

It does however work when using the signal generator but like I said previously I have to use my signal generator's unattenuated high volume output signal output in order for the radio to be able to pick up the signal from the signal generator and be able to affect the AVC voltage.

So I'm not sure what's going on here.

Did you see the video I posted of my radio and what it's doing with just an antenna hooked up?
Audiokarma