View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 10:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

I really appreciate all of the help & suggestions; I can't thank you enough. Unfortunately, I played another disc yesterday with the suggestion of rapping the player when the color went bad, and it still has the problem.

A few years ago, I had my RCA CED player shipped to a technician back east who repaired them, but he has since retired & sold all of his inventory & equipment. I do not know what he did with the player, but he told me that he tested the player with several of his discs after he finished working on it, and he told me it worked perfectly. When I got the player back, hooked it up to my television, and started playing a disc, it immediately started playing the disc with the color problem.

My two guesses are that either he did not repair the player properly, or that something happened to the player in shipping & handling when he mailed it back to me.

I have never opened up a CED player either, so I am not quite sure what to do to repair it myself. I will try to find the belts & see what I can do.