View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 11:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've just packed the Zenith 5317U in Vickie's truck, along with NOS tubes for every one in the set with the exception of the 21FJ (which tested like new on all three guns at an ETF a few years ago, though I have no way of knowing if it's full of air). I'm hoping to get a working color roundie, perhaps by buying one (and selling the 5317, even if it's only good for its 21FJ), actually getting it fixed, or if someone has a roundie with a bad CRT so I can replace it with the tube from my 5317U. Perhaps someone will have a Tesla coil to check the 21FJ for air. I'll also pick brains about where to go from here.

I'll also be bringing a small TV, an antenna, and a converter box (maybe setting up a "testing center").

Hoping to score:
A CRT tester/rejuvenator,
Knobs for Zenith B2225 (volume and channel w/internal numbers)
Original channel knob for Emerson 1224 - I have no idea what one looks like (someone pointed out that my knob was a generic replacement, after I had already owned the set for decades. Oddly for 1958, the tuner is twelve-stop, not only does the tuner lack UHF, it even lacks the vacant space between 13 and 2).

Last edited by Robert Grant; 05-03-2018 at 11:24 PM.