View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 PM
M is for Memory

My folks used to buy American cars till mom's ~1989 Chevy Beretta....That thing was a total lemon and spent more time in the shop before it even hit 60K (gaskets failing and injectors plugging well before then, and costing a lot to fix) than it did out of the shop......At that same time my uncle had a similar age Honda, which he drove 100K without ANY maintenance....He never even changed the oil!...And it was STILL going strong when he sold it at 100K miles.

Next car the folks bought after the Chevy was a Honda and the folks never looked back....They have been good cars. of the 4 we've had the first got returned at the end of the lease, the second totaled by an idiot that did not stop with highway traffic, and the current 2 are still going strong and have been FAR more reliable than the last American car the folks bought.

I personally am coming to really dislike modern cars sold in the USA....There is way too much electronics in them, and they are not so much drivers cars anymore as they are nanny-mobiles designed to prevent you from having problems texting and driving on the highway (which should be obsolete with modern voice command capable phones that are saturating the market)...Most of the controls are not even mechanically linked and have to go through a computer to take the fun out...That and all the stupid warnings that never used to be there and pointless tech for tech's sake....It makes me really like that the last owner of my 78 Lincoln unplugged the warning buzzers.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma