View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 06:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
He knows. He was posing it as an example of what happens when you don't have a filter cap.

The outer coating of the CRT should be ground. It allows the CRT itself to act as a filter capacitor for the high voltage.
Hey there...thanks so much for chiming in. I've been watching your restore on this unit over and over. Yes, the graphite coating on the CRT contacts 2 wire loops on the yoke frame when the CRT is pushed all the way in. I'm not going to obsess over the HV reading. The picture is OK at this point and I'm going to turn my attention to getting some sound.

I've been working backwards from the speaker in the troubleshooting. Speaker pops and moves on contact with a 9v battery. AOTrans ohms out ok and there's continuity all the way back to the AOTube sockets but that's where it gets dicey. Filament voltages are OK and the tube is new but there's all sorts of out of spec voltages on the other pins. I was going to get a read on them last night and post but I never got off the couch and YouTube all night!!!