View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehe...I have a cousin in Chattanooga, Tommy Kirk. Back in the Fifties, he & the whole family went on a "Family Vacation" to see Aunt Elsie in DC. This was B4 Interstates, A/C, the whole thing. 8 of 'em in ONE car, 2 lane blacktop. Tommy Kirk was right at the age of being a REAL l'il Shit, everybody was ready to Pinch his widdle Head Off about the 2nd day...They spend a week or so at Elsie's, then head back to Chat Town. Well, on the way back, his MAMA gets a bellyfull of him. They stop to eat at some place up in Virginia, Aunt Ruth gets up, heads to the women's can, wheels around, & says, "THOMAS KIRK JONES ! COME HERE !!" & motions w/her finger. Aunt Ruth was a BIG woman, nearly 6' tall, & NOT fat, but not petite, either. Anyhow, Master Tommy Kirk gets up puts his hands on his hips, says snottily, "Well, what does SHE want ?!?" & trots over to the women's john. This Hand comes out of the john, snatches Young Master Thomas Kirk off his feet, & from within the John, there eminates several dull thuds & muffled screams. Presently, Master Thomas Kirk Jones & Aunt Ruth emerge, Tommy Kirk's face is washed, hair combed, pants pulled way up, & Aunt Ruth had a Look on her face...They'd had what we call in the South as a "Come to Jesus" meeting, but Jesus wasn't exactly there. But Master Thomas Kirk had a WHOLE different outlook on life the rest of the trip, & he was a VERY Dood Widdle Boy from then on... Methinks most kids nowadays would benefit greatly from having the same sort of meeting a time or 2...I had a couple, & then I sorta got the message to Straighten Up & Fly Right-Or Else. "Time Outs", "Reasoning", all that "New-Age" touchy-feely garbage just doesn't cut it w/most young-uns-a trip to ANY restaurant or Wal-Mart will bear that out. My parents never beat me needlessly, but I knew I'd get my daddy's size 12-D shoe up my butt if I got too far out of line.