View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 08:45 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Using Edge, I get the exclamation point in a triangle with "Not secure" up in the URL field, but no message in the center of the screen, same as with Chrome. Can you detail exactly the steps you are using to accessing the site?
The message I am receiving is "Your connection isn't private." The message goes on to explain the site could be accessed by hackers, etc., which stops me dead in my tracks. There is also a message detailing the hazards of logging in to the site; however, it does give the user an option to log in anyway, again with a warning that the site could be accessed by hackers and such.

I simply would like to log in to the FCC's license renewal site so I can renew my amateur radio license. I do not want any trouble with this when the time comes to renew the license in just over a year from now. What ever happened to the option the FCC used to have for amateur licenses, in which the licensee could renew the license literally any time before it expires? Now they are making licensees jump though hoops and everything else, just to renew the license. I could renew my license by mail, using FCC Form 605; the way things are going with online renewal, this could be my only other option. I may use that option anyway, as I am fed up with having to go around in circles.

However, I am thinking I may be worrying for nothing. After all, it is nowhere near time to renew yet, since my license will not expire for over a year; in fact, if I try to renew now, I may get a message online to that effect. Doesn't the FCC have a system whereby they will alert amateurs with licenses about to expire that it is coming close to time to renew? If so, I would like to know about it. As I mentioned earlier, I would rather not apply for a new license if I can avoid it.

Thanks and 73,

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-05-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Audiokarma