View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

I will post up some photos later today.

I need some ideas on painting. the paint is good on the sides and the back, the hood I repaint with rattle can paint a while ago. it looked OK but since then the clear has gone to pot AND some dum arse golfer hit me with a bad slice and put a nice ding on the hood that will need to be addressed. Other than that the body is perfect, no dings, no rust, never been bent (I have owned since new).

The top is really shot, the tops of the fenders seem to have lost the clear but the base is still good (I keep in in the garage so no new damage taking place, most of the damage was done years ago when I parked in the sun at work).

I am tempted to see if I can get behind the ding on the hood and at least pop it out a bit, see how it looks, then wet sand it all (I put the base from the rattle cans on pretty heavy) with some 600 grit and see how it looks for re clear. on the top I have considered just painting it gloss white for a two tone (hey its my truck I can do what I want ) that will reflect heat better.