View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
The glass is -3dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerking View Post
Well,

I wouldn't rate your "restoration" efforts so far as grade "A" seeing these photo's. But then again you said this was a first pass with the new parts. I'd like to see the finished product.

Tom (PK)
I'm my own worst critic...

C- on aesthetics.
B on functionality.

The night we planned to do the quick resto became significantly more complicated once the candohm decided to flake out and we had to do major surgery to replace it. I had planned on the first pass to be just add a 7.5k resistor in place of the open section at the end, swap the caps, and fire it up. We wound up replacing the bias resistors, and having to reconfigure the wiring with what little I had handy at the time. The patient lived, but is horribly disfigured...

I've been a bit... distracted... lately. Pictures shortly as to why. (Spoiler: Rigol.)

I have grand plans for my CB-1-60. Soon it shall become the CB-1-60 Mk II. With any luck it will survive another 60+ years. (Yes, I'm honor-bound to remain true to the original design. I'm making some slight modifications, but by means are we talking paint or transistors. There might be a diode involved, I haven't quite decided on that bit.)