View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 AM
VideoKarma Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
In the CTC2 running at ~210-215mA with 250mA fast blows the fuses didn't last more than 3 hours.

Most UPSs I've seen don't regulate the line voltage at all...All they seem to do is switch to battery if the bottom drops out.

It will be hard to catch the most TV-noticeable line voltage change with a meter...When a large induction motor (fridge compressor, climate control, etc) kicks on for an instant it draws more than 5X it's power rating to get started...That drop is too fast for most meters (though if the steady state load is high enough that will register)...When a motor first kicks on you may notice a single flicker of the lights (at least if your still running incandescents like me)...On a tube era TV the raster will bloom with no correlation to video content...It can be very noticeable...There is an industrial park within 2mi of me and sometimes whatever they are doing causes blooming randomly every 3-6 seconds. I know it is the grid when I run 2 tube sets at once and both do it at the same time.
Wow! indeed that doesn't last long at the high side huh, is it any better around 190 ma?

Yeah I can also see it in the lights, though its not very often. I wonder if an analog meter would do any better than a digital at seeing the fluctuations.

Wow every 3-6 seconds that's crazy! it probably is something in that industrial park
Audiokarma