View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 05:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
With those Sonys, the chip is rarely bad - it's usually 1) the 22uf/50V cap off the yoke return - it's open, and ESR will be >10 ohms or so 2) Solder connections at the chip itself 3) Bad 24V or 28V source feeding the chip 4) the 10uF boost-up cap, also in the vertical area.

With lightning strike sets, the chip will usually short, taking out the 24 or 28V source - replacing the chip fixes that, but you wouldn't have a picture with the chip shorted. Two different versions - the UPC1378 and the UPC1488 - you have the earlier, and the caps are usually the culprit.

OP, have you checked the solder on the chip, and the presence of the 24-28V source feeding the chip?
Ok so i finally had time to try and do something with this TV. After getting the dust out of it ... the I checked and the IC is not getting any voltage to it. Should be 24V on pin 6 but it reads zero. TP96 also reads zero. I'm trying to wrap my head around this schematic and figure out how the 24Volts is generated but not having much success.

Here is a link to the schematic, Its to big to upload here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bTd...ew?usp=sharing

Steve