View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, second update: Having made statements about being tired of fixin' my fixin' stuff AND due to the fact that I have little practical use for this unit, I am going to let it go either as a whole unit or to part.

The reason I was so worried about finding proper documentation on this (before plugging it into anything other than a junk Jap mini crt I keep around almost as a conversation piece these days) was that the instructions placed on the inside of the lid are far from what it takes to operate one of these. So I have all original documentation if anyone is in need. Everything about it is real clean and damage free.

The electrical issues at first were simply that the Line adjustment didn't work. I still don't know anything other than it isn't the potentiometer. When I cracked it open I found a huge electrolytic that was running warm and found that one of the two sections was leaking badly. Even with that going on the rest of the functions were working to some degree at least. I tried a good cap and it made no outward difference, but I never tried things that may be more of a current demand on the unit like rejuvenation etc.

Anyway, if someone has interest in this just PM me or post here. Many thanks!