View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 03:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
That's probably a series 1 - the manual shows no ZIP code (pre-1964....) and the knobs match the design patent (2509415) image, so it's definitely early....IIRC, early serial numbers are inside, stamped in silver or white ink.
Where can I view the manual if possible. I'm just a bit confused by all these different series and such. No ZIP code prior to 1964? Where is a ZIP code? Does this mean on the front near the bottom where the company name and such are?

And pre 1964 it would seem leaves a lot of wiggle room for dating as the 260s supposedly go back to what the 1930s or so. If the manual that is with mine is the correct manual it makes mention of the high standards of quality proven during WW2. So that manual at least must be from some point after the war.

Finally, I have been wondering if someone could have simply grabbed two of the selector knobs and mounted them on the left and right controls. I don't have the meter right here with me to see if the knobs are identical or somewhat different. I could also remove one of the normally found round knobs from my series 8 and place it on this meter to see if it even looks right, meaning that no function designation fonts are covered or other things out of line.