View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 06:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
You could try an old universal remote. That should do the very basic controls.
Be sure it has the code book ! A handy thing to have anyhows.
If the original hand unit is gone next step is a manual.
Since NEC was not a big seller & most were sold at big box & high end dealers
there were not many FSC's that would have had a manual subscription so
manuals would be rare. But with E-bay things do show up.

good luck
73 Zeno
LFOD !
Those are going to by my tries. I was able to snag an original owner's manual for relatively cheap (at least, cheap enough that I may still be under budget for what this is worth vs. cost invested... original purchase price was something like $13, plus three belts, plus manual...) maybe it will have the model number of the original remote (auction ended late last night). If not, I don't know how I would search for one. I do have a Harmony and a Sofabaton U1 so hopefully one or both has a program for this, then I can learn them to my Xsight Color and brute force try all the rest of the OBCs from there... BTDT. It can't be any worse than the learning curve of trying to learn to use the open source software at the same time as figuring out the remote codes for a Luxman TP-117.. which I've done, because I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently.

Is there somewhere like AKDB, HiFiEngine, etc. that archives manual scans for stuff like this? I'd be happy to contribute once I get the owner's manual. I checked all the usual suspects like manualslib, elektrotanya, etc. and didn't find scans for this anywhere hence buying the paper one.