View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
One option may be to install the band without the spring then add the spring at the end using needlenose pliers to hook the end of the spring to the band. I only have one 17" predicta (that I did a CRT swap on) so this method may not work on the 21" for all I know. I did not have much trouble with my 17" set.
I agree with your advice. One thing I can say is when you do it correctly, it actually is a fairly easy procedure. I too battled with mine many years ago when I had a "Holiday" model. When I learned the right way it was a breeze.
This is from ARF:
First remove the gold colored plastic trim strip. It's held in place by a spring with hooks on the ends that pass through eyelets in the strip. The spring is at the bottom of the CRT. If the decorative brass plate is still present (held by a couple of small screws) take it off so that you can get to the spring. It is possible to wrestle the trim off without removing the spring, and then pull the strip loose from the spring - I've done it, but I won't recommend it for fear of damage to the strip. There should be a metal strap underneath that holds the front cover in place. This strap is held in place by screws at the two ends (this is also at the bottom of the CRT). Remove the metal strap, and the front cover will come off.