View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Who else owns a Grundig Satellit 210?

This Grundig has to be my favorite radio but sometimes I can't decide if its this or the Royal 3000 TO. The Satellit 210 was available in '69-'71. Mine was built in 1970.

Got a question for those of you who own a satellit 210/transistor 6001. How is the bass on yours? Mine sounds great, but it seems like any booming station on FM really can distort when I have the control on max bass. Its almost like the speaker can't handle it, but if I back off the bass to about mid way, it sounds great. Its not an electrical distortion, but perhaps the mechanical properties of the speaker. Its not quite a vibration of something in the cabinet, but almost like the speaker paper resonates and creates baffling sound when low bass notes are heard. Just curious if this is by design, or I have a problem with the unit. I never had more than one of these. I've had this one for years and snagged it on ebay back in the day when you could pick up something nice for a deal (this was back in 1998!!!)

Just would like to get others opinions. I will admit one thing though, the reception on this thing is impossible to beat. A perfectly aligned TO can't match it.

Last edited by drh4683; 10-13-2009 at 09:29 PM.