View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 02:28 AM
The Resident Brony

Simpson O-Scope & Signal Generator

Behold, the Simpson signal generator 317 and the Handiscope 466.

Years ago, my grandfather gave me these, he worked for Simpson, but these apparently belonged to a coworker. Neither works. And I was young and stupid and plugged the scope straight into the outlet and (I think) it exploded a small resistor. It was some years ago, but I recall opening the case and finding burnt plastic bits that looked like the remains of a resistor. But the kicker is - I have no idea where it was. A careful examination has left me clueless. There doesn't seem to be any leads floating in the air with no resistor between them.

Anyway, I'll be ordering a set of new capacitors, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone here owns either of these, or better yet, if you have a manual for one?

Nobody has a manual for the generator - which is ok, I don't think I need it. But the scope seems like it's been worked on and modified a bit, and I'd like to know for sure whether I'm missing a resistor now. This dump and this dump offer manuals for the scope. I might just gamble on one of them.

Oscillocope 1
Oscillocope 2
Generator 1
Generator 2
Generator 12AU7 <- This tube is popped. I have a spare.