View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM
<----Zenith C845

I am pretty much stuck with streaming video and a cable connection (Spectrum, formerly Time Warner Cable), as there are two important network TV channels which don't reach my area OTA. I only have the cable account so my Roku player's Spectrum app will receive my area's local TV stations; I've had basic cable so long I don't miss the other cable channels such as CNN, ESPN, et al. The broadcast channels plus their subchannels are plenty for me. I grew up in the '60s-'70s watching just four channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS) in black and white from Cleveland, so getting just those stations and subchannels these days on streaming video is quite enough.

I live on a fixed income, so I can't afford (and don't want) high cable bills; instead of high-priced pay cable movie channels such as HBO (had it for a month in the '80s, then dropped it because of lack of decent programming and seemingly endless repetition of the same movie every week), I have DVDs and VHS tapes of my favorite shows from the '60s-'70s. I watch them much more than I watch network TV.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.