View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 02:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If the other modes don't work I'd expect the generator is the problem.

Personally I only keep one hardware based generator (a small portable for convergence crosshatch, and a couple of bigger ones for the same thing) that only serves as a pattern generator (I've got a Heathkit vector scope generator combo, and my B&K 1077 and Sencore VA-62 have signals to trouble shoot sweep, IF, sound, sync, color etc. (the B&Ks pattern I won't use for size/lin/convergence setup, but the VA-62 I will and also use it's multiburst to gauge IF response).
The portable gets the most use especially for checking sets in the field.
At home I tend to lean more towards test pattern DVDs since they won't cheat the NTSC spec as some generators do and as a result lack the instability issues some generators have by design, and better reflect normal operating signal.
Just my $.02...
In retrospect I definitely strongly agree and feel quite silly for buying this generator given I can pretty much achieve the generation of test pattern using far more reliable and modern equipment but will try my best to restore this generator and if successful will likely resell it since I have lost interest in it as of recent months.