View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
KFPH’s UNIMAS NOW BROADCASTING ATSC 3.0 IN PHOENIX.

The first to step up to the plate, in what is known as the Phoenix Model Market, is KFPH-CD Channel 35, a local Univision-owned station, in Phoenix, now airing UniMás network programming in ATSC 3.0. Pearl TV Managing Director Anne Schelle made the announcement at the NAB show currently running in Las Vegas.

PBS kids channel 8.4 in Phoenix will be next and currently setting up. Just learned of this today. I can confirm the channel is on the air, but my HD flat panel can’t show it. My recently installed Sony 4K projector is capable of displaying OTA ATSC 3.0 to the best of my knowledge, but I have to install a splitter at the wall to send the rooftop antenna signal. The projector is currently hooked up to display DirecTV and 4K Blu Ray. Will show a screenshot after hook up.

Edit: I have two HDMI inputs on the projector. Looks like I will need a 75 Ohm to HDMI adaptor. I’ve already installed a 75 ohm coax outlet near the projector and the four TV consoles in the back of the room. I’m hoping this will work. If not, we may have to wait for a “black box” adaptor/receiver.

Last edited by etype2; 04-10-2018 at 06:51 PM.