View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarquestMan View Post
I've heard on one post that some places are hard to find old tvs due to certain factors such as storms that occasionally destroy everything or economic factors like rich areas being quick to get rid of old technology or poor areas that couldn't afford it to begin with.
That's probably why where I live is so dry most of the time. I'm sure you've heard of "The 1%"; here it's more like .1%. I got the set I use every day from a lady who was obviously well-to-do. She even tried to sell me a late-80s Trinitron console. My set was originally purchased to match a set of furniture and may be the only solid wood cabinet set I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
The other factor is weather. We have cold, harsh, relatively long winters that most people don't seem to tolerate very well, though they've never bothered me. Turning on a television set was much preferable to dragging your ass out to the car, going to a movie, etc in 10 degree weather.
I'm with you on that one. For me the worst thing about winter is hearing the complaints.