View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
It's more so the severe driving conditions of our winters, coupled with the amount of time which has passed since the last time a Lada was sold, the low numbers sold in the first place, the number which were re-exported to Russia, where people consider the export version lada desirable compared to the ones sold domestically, and finally the fact that people seldom preserve or covot utilitarian economy cars. It all adds up to them being more or less gone from existence as something you can see in day to day life. The fact that they weren't reliable or particularly good quality also didn't help. Usually people who bought them new either bought into communist idelolgy, or were looking for something very cheap, or both. One of my friends had one which was constantly in need of repair.
That one may have been abused by a previous owner as most cheap cars are. I'd rather deal with a thrashed Lada than deal with most people; no matter how rough it is it wouldn't cause me as much grief. Even the fuzz used them, they can't be that bad.
Audiokarma