View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

1970s Kenwood Model KR-4070 issues

Hello everyone recently I picked up a 1970s Kenwood Stereo Receiver Model KR-4070 that when I got it home it still worked pretty well except for extremely noisy controls and a non-functioning FM Stereo light.

I had installed a used but known good bulb in place of the what I thought was a burned out FM Stereo Bulb and the FM Stereo light still refused to light up.
The original bulb was a Stanley rubber grometted 8v .50mA Grain of Wheat bulb that was soldered to a 6" length of solid aluminum wire that was then covered in shrink tubing.

My question is: does the bulb need to be the same specs as the original bulb in order for the FM Stereo light to work or is there something wrong with the Multiplex circuit that's causing the FM Stereo light not to respond to the 38kHz
pilot signal that causes the FM Stereo light to light up when it senses a FM Stereo Broadcast?

Another issue I'm having is that the faceplate for the receiver is held into place with a philips head screw and 2 hex nuts which are attached to 2
Female to male thread standoff style nuts that have female threads that screw onto the knob shaft to hold the knob into place and then on the other end have male threads that the hex nut threads onto that helps hold the faceplate on with, and they are hollow in the middle to allow the knob shaft to go through.

Both of those standoff style nuts which were plastic broke and I need a source for replacements.

I have a picture of the standoff style nuts below.