View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Did anybody else get a bellyful of all the snarky-ass comments that parents were SO effin' quick to let fly when they did NOT approve of what we spent our dinero on ?!? But let my sister drop 50 large or so on some refugee from the glue factory,& THAT was never "Wasting" yr money.. She could go in said Nag's stall, it would put its head on her shoulder,lock itsl egs & go to sleep.I have seen her in a stall,she'd be leaning up against its back legs, both of 'em sound asleep. I could go in a stall. & often as not ,the damthing would try hard to bite me. I did make friends w/.our Angus bull, PoJo. The last winter of his life, I'd go up to the farm, grab a curry-comb, & spend the next hour or so going all over him w/the curry. I'dquit & he'd look back at me & "Moo" ever do softly,ilke "PLEASE don't quit, that feels so good.. If you REALLY wanted to make pointsw/him,you'd bring him some sweet feed-dried molasses, corn &wheat, he'deat that right out of yr hands, & slurp you on yr cheek. Cattle, if you pick out one or 2,& work w/them, they usually are rather docile. Brushing one, bringing him a treat talking softly to him, you'll find that you've prolly made yrself a buddy.