View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 AM
i <3 my Denon

Well, the reason I want a 909 isn't actually Shortwave. I want it for FM. Its FM performance was, hands down, the best Id ever encountered. I was able to find like, 8 additional stations because the sensitivity was just, wow. 2 FM stations on the same frequency at my house cancel out....but the 909, with its internal whip, able to seperate with some pointing.

In the three years I used mine, I was quite aware of its limitations. It worked very well with a longwire thrown over my roof, Id live for the weekends when I could sit and scan the known pirate frequencies. Id also DX AM during the day because the thing did it.

The 909X has gotten some reviews, but what I really wanted was a side by side comparison of performance, which I haven't been able to find.

Price wise, they're about the same. I can find a used 909 with various mods (IF, speaker, detent, balun on internal antenna) for about the same price of a 909X new.