Thread: Admiral 20z1
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

After much thought I decided that the one thing I needed to know was the condition of the CRT for my set. After all, without a working tube , not much of anything is going to happen. I was able to get continuity with a meter but after that nothing can be determined. I went on ebay and found a tester that I was able to afford and won the bid, a Sencore CR161. The meter arrived DOA. Actually, it was just like the seller said, the red light comes on so it MUST be working. Well, no guarantees , that's the way it goes. I didn't have a schematic or actually any paper work for the tester but thru a very generous fellow member (marty59) I got the necessary schematic. I found that a pot and a diode were burned out so I was able to order a replacement from Mouser and Radio Shack. I replaced the parts this evening but it looks like the tube is not in good shape. This is truly depressing. I was hoping for at least a weak tube, but the meter shows very little emission at all. Since the meter was DOA and I had to repair it to get it working , I even wonder if the meter is working properly to give me a good test. I do have a nice orange glow from the filament and I can adjust the filament voltage so I think that part is working. I tried the rejuv functions but nothing changes. At this point I don"t know what I can do. The tube is a 12LP4A and I don't know if any are available for replacement. Bummer.