View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
If it was a tube set I would think the worst thing would be a somewhat reduced vert scan, but since its a solid state set I would advise against it. Nothing worse that making matters worse while trying to make them better.

I suggest you figure a way to make contact solid, with the set off turn on note pattern then shut down for removal of test probs. Beside unless the sams says to disconnect then it would be assumed the reading were taken with the plug attached.
Well I guess I can flip her on her side and remove the bottom cover. All of the test points are on the bottom side of the plug at the connector (after wave shapers, etc.). I'm sure they want that side for testing as they could have put the points on the schematic for the convergence board itself, but they didn't. Don't know if that because of less clutter at the plug end over the mess up on the convergence board.

I tried to slip the probe tip between the wire and plastic connector wall on the top side, but it's too tight. Maybe there will be more room on the bottom side of the connector. If not, then I'll follow the wires back to where they attach to the terminal strip.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650