View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith V3912W set

First off id like to introduce myself. I'm a newbie to this forum, so I apologize in advance for not using proper terminology. I own several 80s and 90s CRT sets. My favorite by far are a 1997 27" RCA Colortrak console set with speakers to the sides. It is a CTC 177 set, but it was a very low hour set when I picked it up last year. If my wife would let me, this would go in our living room. My second favorite is a 19" table top Zenith Custom Series model #V3912W. It was made in 1987 and is apparently a cable ready set (not that it matters at this point). It is incredibly in very good shape for its age though the CRT is getting a little weak. I picked it up at a goodwill in Slidell, LA while I was in New Orleans for Training for work last week and actually hauled the $6 set ~600 miles back home to Georgia.

Anyhow, I can't find any documentation on these sets despite them being common as recent as 2009. My school system kept a bunch of old Zenith sets with the direct access keypads for VCR carts (which mine has) up to and probably past 2009 when I graduated.
It seems to be similar to the C39xxx sets. I'm kind of wondering if anybody knows anything about these sets and if they were consumer products or intended for professional/industrial/educational use. You can see a great number of Chomacolor II and System 3 sets on YouTube, google images, and other places, but these sets seem to have been the red-headed step child.

If anybody can provide me any information on this set, I would be very grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 RCA Colortrak 27" Console
1987 Zenith 19" V3912W