View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 AM
The Resident Brony

Update: It's lost all horizontal now. I think I'm gonna look into getting the Sams for it, use that to try and poke around a bit. If that fails, I'll use the shotgun approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.j.fla View Post
MadMan, yes the chassis number is T7H2-1A basic chassis is H2-1A. Sams folder #1062-1.
Ah beautiful, thanks much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Look at the back of the power switch. The Instant Play function was a diode across the power switch. Clip it out, as it must be shorted.
That diode is a-going bye-bye. It's doubtful that anyone will ever use this set on a daily basis again... and if they do, they can damn well wait 3 seconds for it to turn on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
OK a little more on Sams crosses.
#847-1 H1-1A & H2-1A Nov 66
#894-1 H1-1A, & H2-1A added 1H-1A & 1H-2A July 67

Missed the other, must be my eyes. I probably got that too.
Both mine show a 3GK5 NOT a 3HA5 for RF amp so you may
have a newer one with different tuner assy.
Thanks Zeno. The tuner is sort of a separate thingy, so apparently the chassis stayed the same for a long while, but the tuner changed. TomJ suggested 1062-1, I'm assuming a higher set number implies a later date? Idk, it'd be nice if I had a model number. With the Sams index, I can cross those folders to about 8 model numbers, none of which give me any results on google. sadface. Do you suppose any of the 3 Sams folders would work for me? Aside from the tuner, the rest should be mostly the same, right?

Last edited by MadMan; 01-12-2017 at 03:16 AM.