View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 03:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfivos View Post
Generally the servo circuit is what controls the speed and phase of the capstan and drum motors. This machine being fully direct-drive will have an extra servo board for the reel motors. Loading issues are usually caused by dirty mode encoder switches, gummed-up mechanisms or missing/low power supply voltages. Since you have the Sam's, have you verified that the voltages from the power supply are correct?
I did check the voltages and the seemed to be where they were supposed to be. I did notice though in the Sam's that there is a Voltage regulator transistor for the supply reel motor which (which seems to be the only part of the motor drive board that has a voltage regulator transistor), I wonder if that might of failed and that's what's causing the supply reel motor to malfunction, either that or some bad capacitors on another board somewhere in the VCR.

Also I was looking at the Servo/Control Board for this VCR in the Sam's and it seems that it does indeed control the take-up and supply reel motors as well besides the capstan and drum motors.
So again I think I might take a look at that board for some bad capacitors with my ESR meter.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 06-01-2022 at 07:40 AM.
Audiokarma