View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very nice ! One thing I want to call to your attention is , both my H114 and your H104 have resistors and capacitors built into the IF cans , and those gave me a bit of grief when I restored mine . I had replaced all the under chassis caps , checked and replaced all out of spec resistors and the performance was still only marginal in my opinion . A closer look at the schematic revealed the components inside the cans and when they were replaced the set came alive . With only it's internal antenna there were literally hundreds of standard AM broadcast and Shortwave stations to be heard . The FM works mostly OK , the stations it gets are plenty good enough sounding , it just don't receive as many of em as other tube FM radios I own , like my Zenith 8 tube table model for instance .

So , looking at your H104 , I see the RF transformer contains resistor R26 inside it , your second IF transformer contains R25 and C39 and C40 . These components are in addition to the usual two coils and two capacitors regularly found in RF/IF cans and can be easily missed , as I did , when troubleshooting lackluster performance .