View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

goes out of focus

hey all well i thought i was done but i guess not so here is a question, what possibly would make the screen go blurry from time to time on this ctc15 all caps have been changed now checked into other tubes that may make this do this and tried others including the focus tube. seems after i did the rest of the caps i noticed it. caps in the vert board and the c2 and c3 multi caps were changed with single caps rated somewhat alittle higher. i adjusted the agc and the video peak thinking this may be the cause.so now ill run it awhile and see if its better since adjusting those two. the picture also pulls in on the left about a quarter inch with some scene changes. this seem to have started with the blurry or focus thing after i changed the 8 capacitors which is 4 in each multi cap, i dont know which of the 8 caps between the both muti caps would cause this as each one is for a certain circuit like this focus thing. what is confusing is that the sams says for c3c is 250v 100uf but the cap says on the side 250v 20uf and c3d says 50v 250uf but the cap shows 50v 50uf so i put in what the old caps had on them not what sams show.

Last edited by timmy; 06-26-2011 at 06:12 PM.