Thread: Boomboxes
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra63 View Post
I can't imagine why Lasonics sell for so much, I always thought they were peices of junk, with their cheap looking plastic chrome plate look.
I was shocked a while back when I searched Lasonic on eBay and saw what they were selling for!

I bought one back around 1987-88 from Silo, paid about $79 for it (it was a TRC-9-something.) The salesman tried to get me to buy a JVC for $10 more, rightfully claiming it was a better machine (it had dual cassettes that loaded into a single door iirc,) but I really wanted the phono inputs and shortwave.

I can't complain really - used the thing for over ten years. The antenna broke off by 1994, the top cassette deck never did sound great, and after a few years the buttons for the bottom cassette started snapping out of their carrier (they simply laid in a track - held in by the cabinet. You never could turn it *really* loud without distortion. When I moved back home, I gave it to a friend of mine as I didn't have room in the car. If I still had it, it would probably reside in my shed/workshop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lasonic1.jpg (36.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lasonic2.jpg (95.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by AUdubon5425; 04-22-2010 at 03:08 AM.