View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Always trust your instincts

Today I was @ salvation Army and I found Star trek 1-5 (Seperate releases not the newer 6 pak of all star trek movies together)

I have thankfully been able to replace my star trek copies (1-5 (90s releases)) months ago with original releases which are MUCH BETTER! (Nothing digital in the transfer)

Well today I got the box for Star trek 5 as I have the original 1989 tape but I didnt have the original box....

Something told me to HOLD ONTO THAT TAPE I HAD (Not blindly replace it with the brand new copy (Unopened) I got today)

Looking @ the label on the tape I could tell it wasnt exactly the same..... I put it in and it was crap (Like the newer star trek 1-6,recorded the same way)) They got rid of that stuff @ the beggining and the contrast was slighter darker....... I dont know if it was digitally transferred but it certainly wasnt as good as the other copy I found @ salvation army months ago!! (It was soaked,semi wet.. Left outside in the rain) -- I was hopefull I could save it...... I bought it and let it dry until the next day before trying it.........

So the copy I found today was a NEWER 1989 copy (Apparently after they started compromising the star trek movies)

Now the only one I dont have the original of is Star Trek 6 (1991) -- I dunno if its out there,probably not....... (Ill take the first 5 believe me -- MUCH NICER)

Its quite sad but Im glad I listenend to my instincts!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2134
Hey Dude111--where do you find all these VHS tapes? I have seen some in the thrifts and sometimes buy em. And yes ANALOG only for me.
Usually salvation Army....... I love analog...... Beautiful,pure.......... Wonderful

Last edited by Dude111; 07-13-2014 at 10:15 PM.