View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 10:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Have you done any signal injection testing to isolate the problem to a single stage yet? ISTR you recently bought RF generators (and they presumably have audio generator functionality too).

Inject audio (put a .1uF in series with your generator to protect it from DC) on the audio side of the detector if the set passes audio test the IF/RF system ( injecting IF frequency from the detector to every grid and plate back to the antenna) if it doesn't pass audio then trouble shoot the audio system by moving audio injection point to every grid and plate between the detector and speaker. If you know where the buck stops in the signal chain then you have isolated the problem to the components associated with 1-2 tubes....that is a heck of a lot easier than guessing where it is out of the entire radio.
I got it to receive radio signals again, it was the Phono/Radio Switch that was causing the problems, I got switched to phono mode rather than radio mode.

The main thing causing problems right now is the volume control still giving me troubles, and signal injection isn't going to help me troubleshoot a malfunctioning volume control pot.

I'm still wondering if it isn't something with the capacitors I installed in the volume/tone control circuit.

I really wish I would of taken a picture of the underside of this radio before I worked on it so I could of seen how things were wired up originally so I could make sure I didn't accidentally install a capacitor in the wrong spot.

does anyone have a picture of the underside of this radio that they could post so I can make sure I didn't accidentally install a capacitor in the wrong spot?

Last edited by vortalexfan; 06-26-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Audiokarma