View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:04 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
Westinghouse LCD TV's are plagued with power supply problems and main board problems. More than likely it had a Wii Accident that is all too common. Along with Polaroid(more like hemorrhoid) and a few others are the bottom of the barrel for flat screen TV's. Best to leave it in the garbage where it belongs.
Who actually makes "Westinghouse" branded LCD televisions? I don't think they are made by Westinghouse itself, if the company even exists any longer -- which I doubt as well.

You mentioned a "Wii accident" that can ruin these TVs. What harm can a Wii video game console do to the set? Do the consoles run the panel at such high brightness (much higher than normal video drive levels) that the entire video chain eventually burns out, or the panel itself is damaged or destroyed by image burn-in? I realize image burn-in is not as common with LCD televisions as it is with plasma flat screens, but I do believe it is possible to burn a stationary image permanently onto an LCD screen if it is bright enough and it remains motionless on the screen long enough, not unlike screen burns on old CRT TVs.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.