View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
I'm not sure if I correctly understand everything. Are you saying that you're trying to connect a reel-to-reel tape recorder AND a cassette deck? If so, you'd need an amp/receiver with two separate tape loops. I looked at the manual for your Pioneer, and it only has one from what I can tell.

If you want to use both the R-R and cassette with that receiver, you'll either have to resort to cable-swapping when you want to use one or the other, or find an external switch box for multiple tape loops.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, I was trying to hook up the reel-to-reel and the cassette Deck both at once on my stereo, which I thought that since it had both a 5 pin din Jack and RCA Jacks that it had two tape amps but apparently it only has one and you have to use either the 5 pin din or the RCA input but not both at once.

There is a Tape Head setting and hookup on the back but I'm not sure if I can use that for my Reel-to-Reel tape player or not and just use my tape monitor hookup for my cassette Deck...
Audiokarma