View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Yep, 322 Nailhead. I managed to get it running off the fuel pump finally by priming it with a rubber hose and a turkey baster. Had it running for a couple minutes then shut it down as there's no cooling system currently hooked up. The water pump impeller is frozen solid, which I guess was common for these if they've been sitting.

The carb's going to need a minor rebuild, as I had it apart to clean it up and noticed that the accelerator pump diaphragm had a little dry rot. I wanted to see if the car actually ran before I did that and the water pump.....after all, with a car that hasn't been run in 30 plus years, you never know what happened to cause it to get parked.

Currently, the master cylinder is on the bench, and I have a couple of the inner door panels off. They used this crappy cardboard under the vinyl as a backing, so I'm taking all the vinyl and chrome moldings off, and, using the cardboard as a template, making new pieces out of bathroom wallboard. It's coming out nicely, I'll show pics when it's done