View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Tube bug got me 05/2010

No, focus is fine, height is fine. Maybe a little bit of bloom but it is typical for what I recall.

Main issue is funny business in the horizontal section; it's going out of whack and drifting a lot. Possibly related symptom is that the width control does not do anything. Picture is too wide.

I did also see there's a strange vertical behaviour on startup; huge divots in the top right and bottom left of the raster that gradaully stretch out to normal as the system heats up.

Flyback and power tubes also seem to get pretty warm, don't think that's normal but probably also related to my horizontal issues. HOT isn't red-plating or anything. I'm out of ideas, I'll get a video tomorrow and upload it, perhaps actually seeing the symptoms means someone can point me where to start looking.

I did check the system (300V B+ supplying sweep circuits) B+ current, it's is running around 125mA or so, not excessive. Probably reasonable given the max plate current of the 6AV5 is 110mA and there's a few other things on that B+ line.