View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Reel-to-Reel tape deck audio problem

Hello everyone a couple of years ago I had gotten my hands on an Akai X-360D Reel-to-Reel tape recorder that was still in working order and I'm just now getting around to hooking it up to my Pioneer SX-1000 TD Stereo Receiver, using a 5-pin Din style hookup cable that came in a box of cables that I got from a friend of mine from church who is a professional musician and had given me a bunch of old audio cables he didn't need anymore.

Anyways when I went to test out my setup I wasn't I wasn't getting any audio out of my speakers when I was playing back a tape on the tape deck, but I was getting audio out of the headphone jack on the tape recorder just fine.

Apparently part of my 5-pin Din setup was working as I was getting audio out of the headphone jack using the source button on the tape deck which would feed the stereo receiver's tuner audio signal through the tape deck's headphone jack, so I know the record portion of the 5-pin Din setup is working, but the Playback portion isn't working for some reason as I can't get any audio from the tape deck to go to the receiver and out the loudspeakers using the tape monitor switch set in stereo.

Anyone here have any ideas as to what's going on with my setup, and why I'm not getting any audio out of my receiver when trying to playback a tape through my 5-pin Din Jack on my receiver?

Any help with this matter would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 11-07-2018 at 01:23 AM.