View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 06:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

First thanks Eric for correcting my misspelled title. I'm sort of a stickler for internet users and text messagers butchering the English language. And it really makes someone come off as smart as the errors often make them sound.

And thanks to everyone else for helping me and likely others. For the record, I understand the need for these companies to get the more critical criteria involved with components for modern equipment where it matters. Unfortunately I work with a lot of that stuff for a living, but frankly we don't spend much time doing component level troubleshooting where I work. I will get that bench tech job one day I hope if there are any to be had in or near my area.

One great thing about what we do here and what technology has become is that passive components are fairly straight forward and size is virtually never an issue. It makes it really easy most of the time to squeeze the meatballs into the spaghetti if you will. Sure, I wish often that they still made multi-section cans in electrolytics that I could pop in. They can still be found, but one must wonder how long they have been on a shelf. So far I have not tried "stuffing" cans as they say, but I would like to try it sometime for even more de-clutter under the chassis. First I have to find out the method of cutting a can open and being able to close it up without having it look hastily cobbled. I know the info. is here on this site, so I just need to find it. As well I'm sure there are videos on YouTube and instruction on other sites. I like sticking with this site; my favorite. Thanks again and add more info if anyone wishes to.