View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 05:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Welcome to VK. I have the same RCA table model#, 14" tv chassis KCS111 and 45 rpm player under a lid. Super cool. I got it in your end of the county too Some store must have sold a bunch of those. If you start working on yours, that will motivate me.

I was at an auction in Hanover Oct 2013, was a TV shop that operated into the 90's behind a house. Few old TV's but lots of parts/modules NIB - Zenith and Quasar.
Was raining like hell that day. I left early and empty-handed, placed stand-in bid of $100 on an RCA 21" color test jig. Never hear from them.
I remember a TV shop(house) on Ruth Avenue off Baltimore St. when I was growing up, the son of the owner was a few years behind me in school, his last name was Mays.(I graduated in 79) It was Mays TV and I'm pretty sure they were a Quazar dealer. Which is funny, I was thinking about this the other day when I picked up the last of the stuff from the son of the TV guy in Chambersburg, because he was a Quazar dealer. I have his two sided lighted sign, Keystone Television with Quazar across the top. Not sure what I'm ever gonna do with it, it's like 48 inches tall and a little longer. This time of the year is my busy season, so once things slow down a little I will have more time to test the crts in the TVs I have. I would like to get comfortable with tube radios before I get too deep into TVs and break something because I'm too impatient. As it is now, I probably have enough stuff to keep me busy for the next 20 years!