View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 10:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I just recently picked up from Goodwill a 1983 Amana Radarange Microwave that still works yet, all it needed was a new lightbulb, I had picked it up for my sister so she could have a microwave for her apartment she just bought, but she passed on it because she thought it was too big, so she opted for a $30 Sunbeam microwave from target (lets see that microwave last her nearly as long as this Radarange has lasted.) What I found hilarious was that my sister when she got her new microwave she complained about how short the cord was on it, and I was thinking to myself "well if you would of taken the Amana Microwave I picked up for you, cord length wouldn't of been an issue!" Also My sister's kitchen in her apartment has kind of limited counter space (which is why I kind of understand why she passed on the Radarange) but she could of just sat it in the corner where it would of been out of the way (the counters are arranged in an "L" shape with a rather deep corner section which would of fit that Radarange just fine and she would of still had plenty of counter space yet), once her $30 microwave dies she'll probably be asking me if I still have the Radarange yet and I'll say "Yes I do" (which its currently being stored in the back seat of my car because the sucker is too big for me to get into my basement without having to take the railings off.)
I always remember when Amana had their Radarange Microwave ovens on the Price is Right and other game shows in that era.These oldie micros run forever and not like these $60 buck jobs from Walmart that burn out in two years.I have a Panasonic from my mother here that still runs but its starting to rust out in parts.I have to look for another one soon.