View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 06:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Never seen an arm grommet fail. The double decker idler is the same part the RCA RP-168 and RP-190 45rpm mini changers use. In addition to those being available there are also kits to replace it with a copper pulley and a couple silicone O rings....I do enough RCAs that I've been considering making a mold of the pulley and casting my own.

Collaros are a bit of a pain but the conquer with it's arm size feeler that can play all sizes (even odd duck non-standard sizes) intermixed from biggest to smallest has become my second favorite (Glasser steers GS77 beats it) 4 speed changer from a user perspective...a mechanism that cool at least if I'm keeping it is worth the effort.
If you do make the RCA mold, sign me up for one if you make a pile of them! I haven't had great luck with the VM rebuilds, they often come a bit our of tolerance.

We could have different webcor changers, mine is a 1953 model, with a GE cartridge. The rotted grommet makes the whole arm sag. I bought a service manual and compiled a parts list but never finished that job.

The Collaro I last rebuilt had a lot of corrosion on the cadmium plated parts, and it took a lot more time than I wanted.

I actuslly dont mind rebuilding changers on my own time, for personal use - but for someone else it just isn't worth it to me, I can never recover the time and money, and don't find the process sufficiently rewarding on it's own.