View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Not sure how I got here.

It is odd that with user ratings, product reviews becoming a larger part of the purchase
decision, that new FP sets have a pretty bad reputation for reliability, and lasting
less than 6 years. You would think there would be more call to change the direction
of the product, but it seems that the newer better expectations of the next NEW model
are outweighing the disappointment of early product failure. Or do people now look
forward to early product failure so they now have a more "legitimate" new opportunity
to SHOP ! for new crap...

A couple of years ago me and the wife drove school busses for a short time, and we
witnessed kids of high school and middle school age throwing out ipods, and breaking
phones so they could complain to their parents and quickly get a new one.... In the
case of phones, they would get new ones quicker than the company upgrade cycle...
Were they insured ? Was it parents out of pocket paying for the new one...? I do know
that on sports trips I use to listen to parents talking about their kids, and family
cell plans.... 5-600./mo. Crazy....

I think the people who drive these markets have money to burn, and they
do it as much as they can.... I don't see how though, $36,000 car, house
payment, $300./mo cell $200./mo cable, I don't see how they come up
with all that money to blow each month, year after year.....
And a - what $2,000. tv every 3 to 5 years......

Last edited by Username1; 09-25-2015 at 09:30 AM.