View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 09:13 PM
M is for Memory

One thing. The CRT Cabinet Mask, and CRT Shadow Mask are 2 different things. Only color CRTs have a shadow mask and it's inside the CRT between the phosphor and electron gun....It's basically extremely high-precision window screen designed to keep the red gun from hitting green and blue phosphor dots and vice versa for the other guns.

All TVs have a cabinet mask but only color sets have a shadow mask, and if you ever see the shadow mask with the naked eye there's either internal coating missing or your color CRT has been de-constructed in some permanent manner.

IMO average (PP) Magnavox audio consoles beat average (single ended ) Zenith consoles, though high-end PP Zenith's give most Maggie's a run for their money.

I redid the phantom remote on my Maggie roundy, and IIRC I did a YouTube video on it. If you have a scope and a little bit of patience those remote units aren't difficult (the bellows hand units can be a bit of a headache if not functional, so using a tuning fork or electronic remote hand unit from another set may be easier).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4