View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:12 AM
Motorola Minion

Replacing the 6AY11 helped audio fidelity considerably in my console HiFi which uses the same tuner as yours. the symptom was different, static even when volume was turned down.

The 6AY11 may not solve the reception problem. One thing to look at first is the antenna input balun coil. It may be trapping-out that frequency due to an open.

Going into the tuner can should be a last resort, check the voltages at the input feed-thru caps. Use a socket extender to check voltages on the tube. Try replacing the tuner tube, a 6C9.

This Admiral pulls 'em in like my Motorola's and Zenith's do and better than my Magnavox tube consoles, but just lights the stereo light on the local flame thrower -WIOV 105.1 - 50 kW @ 15 miles away line-of-sight. 100 kW FM stations do not exist here in the crowded mid-atlantic. It could also be overloading

Do you have a schematic of the 9M1 tuner-preamp? If not, PM me with your email address and Ill scan it.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 10-25-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: changed tuner tube to 6C9