View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 05:34 AM
Banned

if is not remote or timer see below .

Tip : put menu on at remote .flashlight the panel in a darkened room if menu present then TCON and logic,logic feedback and mainboard are presumed fine and instead faulty in panel LED bar /strips or SDC volt rails PSU /LD board section fault lie some open T3 Tansistors && and likey also failking/over voting LED lamps wher the truble started if thge set turns on at all and statys on or not ,seen it bith ways even though wew arent supose to

The usual tell for bad LED lamps before a DC shutdown like you have is transient and random whole panel or uneven quadrant ir LED banning panel * light dimming ,

thats falling in panel LED that can take out LD board section and maybe mainboard like my Sony , I had those faults in my 2015 Sony 4K HDR un55X850C I fixed .

this better new Sanung Direct FA01 panel code binned >> Sanung Un55 KS 8000 /800D replaced but I was getting the same Samsung upgrade by now anyway and the new one was free on the Sony ext.warranty instead ,

Samsung 55KS800D msrp last year was $2499.00 Q1 on the bw one but way les now if you can find one which is unlikely give how good and well reviewed they are , These are no briner one of brightest flagship panel TV;s @7000:1 conrast and 1474 NIT HDR and 8000 NIT tone mapping, thats insane and 2000 NIT over brightest TV- HDR transient peaks.

If TV is an old school CCFL/LCD TV most likely a CCFL inverter board EZ stuff

On operation shutdown or no power on /start up it is something like the power aka PSU /LD board in an LED/LCD TV noting on small TV it can be with mainboard combined ,may be CAPS and more or oit on the faulty board ,bulged caps or not .

Outside of some PC panels mostly separate boards , if its an older type CCFL panel old school LCD you may additionally have short in the DC current to AC current inverter board for the panel lamps shutting it off .(usually constant or quickly )

What may need
DVM ( digital volt ohm meter) vdc and gnd, readings from the right boards and all this from a very skilled working tech ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4ZQEQoErw

Funny anecdotal not about above :

If you haven't had the pleasure as I ......TBH . you may not like going in a lethal 1960's roundy or the later CRT TV with nude pickers , touch the wrong things in there (or just near them ) and irritate the CHE` you gonna schooled about electrocution in the *HARD way you never seen outside of lethal AC current potentials, the chair ,a Sony Trinitron 50 KV or 10-15a + 100KV Iridium spark plug automobile coil that may change your life if you are still alive but most folks live to tell about it and sometimes a few times like me on most of this but we wont forget what it felt like 50 yrs later

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-25-2017 at 06:14 AM.